Social Icons

Thursday, October 10, 2013

Expressions Colors Aqua Review for Dark Brown Eyes

Hello, Again!

I owned a case of Expressions Colors Contact Lens: Aqua for while a long time, I only got one pair left and did feel like use them at all. They are suppose to be monthly disposables and I never really wear them for a month. My base curve is 8.5, these are 8.7. So sometimes they don't fit my eye so well.

Here are some of the basics:
Manufacturer:
Lens Type:
Contains:
Base Curve:
Diameter:
Water level:
CooperVision
monthly disposable
6 lenses per box
8.7
14.4 mm
Methafilcon A, 55% water

Here is the look on the model.

Here is what they look like in my lens case:
They looked lighter than I thought, but overall what I have expected. 

Expression Aqua Lens Case

So this is how I look wearing them.



Indoor lighting (Late Afternoon)


Another one with better indoor lighting, facing natural lighting.  These are okay to wear without crazy make up. I almost never wears heavy make up or fake eyelashes, so some of the circle lens looks weird on my eyes. 
Expression Aqua Natural Light
Expressions Color Aqua facing natural light 
Haha, I could not keep my eye open for the flash. The colour looks lighter in flash. 


Here is verdict: 

Design: ★★★★✩ 4/5 They look natural enough to wear for Asians and girls who only wears light make-up. They are also a little vibrant, so people will definitely notice the colour. 

Comfort ★★★✩✩ 3.5/5 They are quite comfortable, since  I have sensitive eyes, my standard for comfort level is slightly higher than others. They are not the most comfortable pair I have encountered, but they are able to last without irritation for at least 4 -5 hours for me, which is good enough for me. As I have mentioned, the base curve of 8.7 is also slightly more curvy than my usual lens at 8.4 or 8.6. So the center pop up a little. Make them harder to take off. 

Enlargement ★★★★✩ 4/5 These are 14.4 mm, so it does give my eye enlargement. I am not sure why, but they feel more like 14.2 mm lens. It doesn't feel like some of the 14.5 lens I have tried.  

Overall ★★★★✩ 3.8/5 I give these 3.8 rating because of the nice natural aqua colour. They can be a daily wear lens, most people found them comfortable. Just make sure the base curve matches yours. 

So, what do you think? Have you tried the other colours? Let me know!




No comments:

Post a Comment